Women with Presence
Build confidence, create new opportunities, and take control of your future with support from the experts in career coaching for insurance professionals.
“Could not recommend more to women of any age or level” – Emma, attended August 2019
Created by women in insurance, for women in insurance – we understand the unique challenges you face throughout your career, and how you can push through them to create exciting opportunities, and take control of your future.
Does this sound like you?
- You feel held back by self-doubt or uncertainty
- You struggle to speak up in meetings
- You feel stuck, and don’t know how to move your career forward
- You feel frustrated by power dynamics and office politics
- You think “I wish that was me” when others are promoted or recognised
You’re not alone. Like many ambitious women who take our courses, you likely have the technical expertise to excel. But there are two other key pieces to the puzzle – your presence and exposure – and they play a critical role in your career success.
But you don’t have to go it alone…
- You had a solid career plan and simple steps to help you move forward
- You felt calm, confident, and in control every time you entered a meeting
- You were supported by a strong network, and opportunities regularly came to you
- You felt fulfilled and excited about your work
- You became known as the “go-to” person in your specialty
All of this – and more – is right at your fingertips. Our simple 3 part system will help you overcome your fears, get out of your own way, and start making things happen.
What got you here, won’t get you there
Women outnumber men in entry-level insurance positions, but men still dominate senior leadership roles, with only 1 in 5 executive committee positions being held by women, on average.
The behaviours and habits that helped get you in the door, might now be holding you back. We shine a light on the typical roadblocks women face in the insurance industry, and help you push through them with confidence.
Our sessions are 100% female-led and tailored to the unique experiences and challenges women face. Feel at ease knowing you’re in a safe, judgement-free space, where like-minded professional women come together to listen, learn, and empower each other to take control of their careers.
Our success stories
I attended this course last month and found the two days to be incredibly useful. I left with a much better understanding about creating a brand for myself, how to carry myself in meetings and tough situations and many useful tips on how to engage in meaningful career related conversations, plus lots more.
This course is beneficial to all ages and for people at any stage in their career. It’s also a great opportunity to meet new people. It created a welcoming environment where everyone was happy to share their thoughts and get to know each other better.
Two of my underwriting team recently attended this course. I encouraged them to sign up as I felt the learning objectives would support them with topics that have come up in some of our career and development conversations.
Following from the course I have been really impressed with some of the learnings they have shared, they even had some tips I have found helpful for myself!
The course has provided tools and knowledge to allow them to take meaningful steps for their career. Empower Development is a very appropriate name for this company, they are definitely more empowered!
You’re in the door. Now what?
This program will help you gain the confidence needed to take the next steps in your career. Whether you’re new to your role, or starting to feel like a permanent fixture in the office, Women with Presence will help you figure out where you want to go, and how to get there.
Over four half days, you will learn how to:
- Confidently project authority and make an impact in meetings
- Build your personal brand (and understand why it matters)
- Approach tough situations and push through imposter syndrome
- Grow your network and increase your market presence
- Engage in meaningful career conversations (and get what you want!)
- Positively navigate internal workplace politics
- Adopt a forward-thinking mindset and leverage that into personal and career growth
I’m Samantha Ridgewell
I left my corporate insurance job to put my industry experience into helping insurance professionals thrive. Here, we help empower women in insurance to further their careers, achieve their goals, and get ahead, faster. To date, we’ve helped thousands of insurance professionals gain clarity, set goals, and build a career they love.
Ready to join them?
The fine print
Over four half days, we’ll lead you through a series of fun exercises that will help uncover your personal superpowers, areas for development, potential barriers to success, and where you might be missing out on opportunities.
Women with Presence will help you:
- Map out a plan for your career, with short, medium, and long term goals
- Immediately make a difference from the moment you get back to the office
- Build relationships and become a positive influence in your workplace
- Understand different personality types and how to positively engage with your peers and leaders
- Continue your learning after you leave the program, with suggested reading, helpful takeaways, and a professional development action plan to follow.
All of this happens in a low-pressure, fun environment, with like-minded women of all ages and backgrounds.
Ready to build a career you’re proud of?
Where is the course held?
Currently, private/individual courses are run online via Zoom, and courses booked by organisations are run in-house. If you have questions about running a course for your workplace, please contact us to discuss.
What happens after the course?
You will be invited to a LinkedIn group to connect with other coaching participants. We also offer 1:1 follow-up coaching sessions, if desired.
How is the course structured?
It’s held in 4 sessions, each of which spans 2.5 hours (with a break). We’ve found this to be the ideal structure for getting good discussions going!
What level is this suitable for? Is it for newer professionals?
Women with Presence is suitable for women at all stages of their career. You’ll get the most out of it though if you’ve identified specific goals you want to achieve, or challenges you need help overcoming.