Underwriting DNA is a unique experiential learning opportunity which allows participants to take the responsibilities of portfolio underwriting by managing a simulated underwriting portfolio based on real data. You will select your Underwriting strategy and see how your Underwriting decisions impact your business in comparison to other teams.
Your team will make critical business planning and underwriting decisions and compete to achieve the best business results across each U/W year. Once the results are in you will explore the different decisions each team made and how this impacted their results.
- Implement an underwriting strategy to maximise your ROC
- Apply deductibles, rates, limits and risk appetite across your portfolio
- Purchase suitable reinsurance for your strategy
- Manage your expenses to improve your combined ratio
- Review your results against KPIs:
- Grow your share of the Lloyd’s market gross written premium
- COR of 90% or below in all non-cat years
- Pre-tax ROCE by year 6 of at least 15%
- Policy holder renewal rates of 90%
Delegates participating in the accredited Insurance Simulation programmes can claim up to 6 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.