Free employability programme
Suitable for college and university students and graduates
FREE for those who meet the eligibility criteria
Watch our video now to learn more about our Into Insurance intensive course to help you get back into work!
About the course
Successful candidates applying for grad and school leavers schemes across London all have one thing in common. They all demonstrate the right mix of attitude, aptitude and knowledge at key points of the recruitment process.
Into Insurance is a free training course designed to help you illustrate the knowledge, preparation and behaviour organisations are looking for. Our trainers have used their experience in recruiting and managing graduate and school leaver schemes in the insurance industry to give you insider tips and advice to help you get ahead.
These sessions will be delivered as four half day sessions accessible through virtual classrooms.
Please find dates for 2022 virtual courses:
- August: 10:00 – 12:30 on 8th, 9th, 10th & 11th
- October: 14:00 – 16:30 on 24th, 25th, 26th & 27th
Sponsored by the Worshipful Company of Insurers Charitable Trust
Please complete the application form below. We recommended you apply as soon as possible as applications may close early once the spaces have been filled.
At the end of this interactive programme, you will gain the tools and knowledge to assist you in searching for and securing that first role that will see you start your career. The programme will cover the following:
- Roles to choose from in insurance
- Understanding insurance job descriptions
- Optimising your online job search
- How to research organisations
- Industry resources available
- Industry overview and insurance jargon buster
- Crafting a high impact CV and cover letter
- Making the most of LinkedIn for job applications
- Insider tips for interview preparation
- Interviewers’ toughest questions
- How to impress at assessment days
Being the best you
- Conquering your nerves and displaying confidence
- First impressions
- What to expect on your first-day at work
- Positive probation period
- Resilience for job seeking
What happens next?
A special event will take place at the end of the programme with industry professionals and recruiters enabling you to demonstrate the new skills you’ve learned and put them into practice. This event will provide you with some valuable contacts to help with your job search.
Following the programme each participant will have the opportunity to discuss their search and gain advice with their individual buddy to give yourself the best chance of securing your ideal job.
Is the programme right for me?
You can apply for the programme if you are:
- In Year 12 or 13 at school and actively looking to apply for entry level roles or apprenticeship programmes on finishing school.
- In the penultimate or final year of a UK university and actively looking to apply for entry level roles or graduate programmes.
- Left a UK school or university in the last year and have been actively seeking employment without success.
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in working within the insurance market.
- Able to commit to attending all three days of the Into Insurance programme.
In order to be accepted onto the programme you must have attended a UK state school where no fees were paid towards your education. In addition, when over-subscribed priority will be given to those applicants who meet one of the following criteria:
- Due to family financial circumstances, you have received or were eligible for free school meals within the last 6 years of your secondary education.
- You are the first generation in your family to have attended a UK university.
*Please note that the programme itself will be fully funded. Reasonable travel costs will be reimbursed for face to face courses to a limit of £50.
Location & Dates
Into Insurance takes place during school and university holidays. The 2022 Into Insurance Programmes will run on the following dates:
Delegates accepted onto the programme must commit to attending all days of the programme.